No update on this site since August 27, 2007 – two years ago this week. :O Why? Primarily because I had jumped into a new business and found myself going in too many directions and with too many different projects on my desk to keep up with. Seems like every time I was about ready to jump back into this blog there’d be something else come up. Then when that issue settled down, I’d be off doing some other project and get all side-tracked again. I’m extremely terrible about that!
So I’m going to *try* to pick back up and start blogging here again. No promises though. Maybe I’ll stick with it. Maybe I won’t. You know how I can be.
Since I last blogged on this, my personal blog:
- Social media sites have become all the rage. They’ve come a long way in such a short time. Currently I’m playing around with the Facebook and Twitter applications. So if you hang out at either of those site, please look me up. I’d love to hear from you.
- Our little CHW website is still chugging along too. Since Facebook came on line a lot of folks have moved over to there for their social-fix. It’s a little sad for me, but we still have a small group still hanging on with just about 500 members now. Maybe 20-ish that are active. And I’m hoping to launch an online Art-Shopette there very soon. It’ll have primarily digital type products. I started that endeavor a while back, but lost much of the info when I had a computer crash issue. It’s so close to being ready to launch it’s really silly for me to keep dragging my feet on it. My current goal is to have it ‘live’ sometime this fall. Wish me luck. I may need it. Oh yeah – I also created a Facebook Fan Page for Craft Happy too since we have many members now hanging out at Facebook.
- My digi-scrap consulting business is moving right along. If you’ve got an interest in an entrepreneuralship in the digital scrapbooking business, be sure to stop by Digital Scrapbook Designer Professionals . You might just pick up an idea or two for your business.
- I made a trip back to Missouri just a couple weeks ago and picked up another new flute. Can one have too many flutes? No. I don’t really think so. This one produces beautiful low tones as it’s a G-scale flute. Love it! My friend Benny gifted to me a bamboo flute that he picked up at a pow wow along the way. It plays wonderfully as well along the upper scale on the A-scale side of things. Just finished writing a new heart song called “Two Feathers.” It’s a tune I wrote specifically for Benny who’s Native American name is “Georgia Two Feathers.” Thanks for the gift my friend! I haven’t had much luck with getting Audacity to work well on my 64-bit Vista machine. I’ll see what I can do to track down a comparable audio recording program and see about recording the song for ya.
- Status of the CHW sponsored monthly ATC swap book: Yes, I have been working on it. Maybe playing would be a better way to describe it. I have several of the pages completed and most of the text content written. I still need to finish some background graphics and then put it all together. One of these days I’ll actually finish up that project and mail out copies to all the contributing artists. I haven’t forgotten about it though. Nor have I given up on accomplishing the final product. It will eventually get published. And when it does the title will have to be something along the lines of “Unfinished Art” because it’s like so many other projects that float around in my art studio far too long before they are finished. Here we are at 2 years (or is it 3 years) in the making and it’s still not at the printers! Geeeeez, I’ve been so bad about this one!
- I recently started trying my hand at digital cartooning, using my dearest friends and family members as test subjects. I’m not so good at it, but I do enjoy the silly art form. Makes me laugh while fine tuning my creative digital skills.
- I have several new collaborative art projects that have been floating around in my wee little brain. But I’m not going to start anything at all new until I get the CHW art-shopette finished! After that – I’m unleashing some of these new ideas onto you. 😀
Hugs to Everyone and Bye for Now,