Most everyone has a page (or two… or more) in their creative journals that incorporates the use of text presented in an artful way. Since I haven’t done one of those in my Inspire, Inspire journal for 2012 yet – it’s time to get with it!
Ways to Add Creative Text
There are so many different ways to doodle in text that I could go on and on, but I’m afraid I’d lose your interest for sure. Here are a few ways you may want to include some words in your journal as you build your pages through the year:
- Draw wavy lines across the page. Then fill in each open space with letters the same height as the spaces. Writing along the path as you go.
- Draw open face/block letters for words you want to include and then tangle patterns into the spaces of the letters.
- Create a Repeat Pattern Stack with letters and phrases to show on your pages.
- Draw a basic shape with your pencil, and then fill that with text. Erase the line when you are finished.
- Sketch out a random string and fill it with patterns. Then “walk” your words around the outer edge of the string-ed shape(s) you’ve included on the page.
Words to Consider
Your next question might be “what text do I include on the page?” I suspect that’s really going to depend completely on your mood at the moment. If you get stuck for ideas though, consider the words of your favorite song or a poem you like. Maybe consider a mantra you like to use or hope to incorporate into your life for a while. A favorite quote. The name(s) of loved ones. Write out the season you are currently in and work patterns into it that seem to represent the feelings associated with the season. — Or just let single words represent a string of thoughts you may be having as you work through your page.
Have a wonderful day everyone!